Since I was young, I’ve always proclaimed that I was going to live to be a hundred years old. I’m not quite sure why I picked the century marker, but do I remember making that statement for the first time before I was ten. Well, I hit the half-century point five years ago, and if my prophecy is correct, half of my time is gone! And, as a good friend of mine observed, I now have more behind me than ahead of me.
It’s a thought provoker. Where has the time flown? Have I accomplished or experienced all the things that I dreamed about in my younger years? And, if I haven’t, what am I going to do about it?
Superstitious people say that this is supposed to be my lucky year. I was born in 1955 and just turned 55. So, maybe this should be the time for me start taking action—taking stock of where I am and what it is that I still want to accomplish.
A blog seemed like a great way to get some of the thoughts out of my head that seem to rattle around in the middle of the night and share them with whomever wants to take the time to read them. Cheap therapy? Maybe. Sharing and learning together? Hopefully!
Happy trails, both geographic and inner! JB
ReplyDelete